1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 2:20 PM by philmodjunk

Admin Console not refreshing

Bart

Title

Admin Console not refreshing

Your post

FMS 12 Advanced running on Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

The admin console is showing that a 10pm backup from LAST night is running.  It is currently 10:20 AM the next day.  The connected clients show as 10pm as well.  However the log is running properly AND my backups are running as well.  But in this state I will be unable to close the DB's prior to a reboot.  And if someone creates a new DB I will be unable to serve it up.  Even the Statistics page has stagnant data from last night.  This server is in a production environment so any ideas how to get my console to show current data will be appreciated.  I have closed and opened with the console with no change.  The files currently on the server are running as expected.  Thoughts?

Bart

• 1. Re: Admin Console not refreshing
          philmodjunk

I see that periodically in Server 10. In my version, backups stop appearing once one of the schedules hangs in this state. I don't know if your experience will match mine given the different versions, but I find that I can select the files in the console window and set them to close. The console does not update to show them as closed, but I can then restart the server and this will clear up the issue until the next time a schedule hangs like this.

I know that the files have been closed successfully because the all re-open promptly after the restart. Before I figured out that I could actually close the files this way, I'd restart the server with them open and then one large multiple gigabyte file would spend about 15 to 20 minutes running a consistency check before it opened.