0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 10:11 AM by luistavera

admin console stops seeing server after uploading a file with ODBC data sources

luistavera

Title

admin console stops seeing server after uploading a file with ODBC data sources

Your post

Hi all,

I am having the following problem with filemaker server admin console both on a FMS 11.0.3.309 and a FMS 11.0.5.510 installations. The former on Windows Server Standard service pack 2, and the latter on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

1) The admin console works fine.

2) I upload to the server a filemaker file that uses an odbc connection to a Microsoft SQL Server.

3) The admin console starts sending the message "the database server is not available" and I loose its functionality.

However, everything except the admin console works fine: the database server *is* running, clients can connect, the odbc connections work fine, etc. I just loose the functionality of the admin console and have to settle with fmsadmin command line tool to do basic admin tasks.

Any idea of what might be going on? I set up the second server assuming a clean install would get rid of this problem, but it didn't. It just made me realize the fact that uploading the .fp7 files with odbc data sources was the trigger of the problem.

thanks,

luis