1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 6:05 PM by Sonic

Another copy of FileMaker Server (miniserv [10.1.10.66]) is already running with this license. This...

webstyr

Title

Another copy of FileMaker Server (miniserv [10.1.10.66]) is already running with this license. This copy of FileMaker Server will not open any databases, but will allow updating the license key in the Admin Console.

Your post

I just upgraded my Mac Mini server from Mavericks to Yosemite. All went well, until I got an email from the Filemaker Server containing the subject line above. I only have Filemaker Server running on this one machine. It has never been installed on any other machine. When I go into the admin console the database file is shown as closed and I can't open it, re-close it or verify it. I copies the db file to another Mac and was able to open it locally on that Mac with no problem so I know the file is not corrupt. 

The only thing that I can think of is I renamed the server from miniserv to Mini Server awhile ago. The email I got said:

FileMaker Server 13.0v4 on Mini Server reported the following event:

Another copy of FileMaker Server (miniserv [10.1.10.66]) is already running with this license. This copy of FileMaker Server will not open any databases, but will allow updating the license key in the Admin Console.

The first paragraph uses Mini Server and the second paragraph uses miniserv. So, somewhere it has retained the old name, miniserv. Any Idea as to how I can fix this problem? Will simply renaming the server back to the original miniserv fix it? Thanks for all your help!

1 2 Previous Next