AnsweredAssumed Answered

Backing up to iDisk (MobileMe) from Filemaker Server 11 hosted database

Question asked by StephenJones on Oct 31, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Backing up to iDisk (MobileMe) from Filemaker Server 11 hosted database

Your post

Dear All,

I have until now been running a database using Filemaker Pro Advanced 11, sharing it between various machines using iDisk.  Problems with iDisk synchronising led me to install Filemaker Server 11 instead (standard, not advanced).  I now keep the database on my work computer but tend to access it from home or from my laptop when I'm out and about.

Sometimes, however, I need to be able to access files when I'm off-line (poor internet access etc).  Ideally, I would like to continue backing-up to my iDisk every night so that there is a reasonably up-to-date copy of the database available on each of my computers.  (I have Macs, so iDisk saves a local copy for off-line access using iDisk Sync.)

However, when I try to persuade the Filemaker Server 11 (which is also a Mac and also has a local copy of iDisk on its desktop) to back-up to iDisk, it just says "invalid path".  

Does anyone know:

(a) whether it's possible to back-up to iDisk (either the local copy or directly onto the "cloud" copy itself);

(b) if so, what the file path would be for doing so? (I've tried using the path which comes up under "get info" and that didn't work.

Many thanks in advance!

Outcomes