Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
Since this used to work, something has changed. Assuming the clients running FileMaker Pro are not experiencing this issue, then the web publishing engine has somehow become corrupt. If it is memory related, stop FileMaker Server and reboot. Start FileMaker Server and try again. If this doesn't work, then I would reinstall FileMaker Server.
I know your post was more than two months ago, so if the problem has been resolved, please post here so that others who encounter a similar scenario can benefit from your actions.
Hi TSGal, Thanks for a reply! We have resolved our issue. Here is a link to my last posting in the Using FileMaker Pro Forum (a copy of that posting appears below):
TSGal..finally posting an update:
- we used a copy of last year's file, removed all records, imported data into the file, same error appears
- yet we doubt now it is the database after attending the FileMaker 10 Makeover web seminar (Wednesday, December 2, 2009). There was a Q&A session with Chad Novotny of The Support Group. One of them was if we could run FileMaker 10 scripts in older versions of FileMaker like 8.5. Turns out we cannot run scripts created in FileMaker 10 in older versions of FileMaker. This was an important find for us as we have our server running FileMaker Server 8, our pc clients running FileMaker Pro 8.5, and we (database developers) run FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.
- also we found out FileMaker Pro Advanced 10 was just updated this year so no-one could have experienced this issue until the new databases were published this Fall (yikes!)
If there's other recommendations we are open to try. Otherwise we're closing this post for now.
Thank You to All!