3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 11:02 AM by TSGal

Bug ? Time limit server side script

willem-jankempen

Title

Bug ? Time limit server side script

Your post

Hi All,

I had an server side script which did an import into a FileMaker Database. De schedule had a limit of 10 minutes.

The import took longer so de admin console wanted to abort de schedule. He did not suceed. Instead de windows 2008 machine peaked to 98 % processor use for over several hours. We had to restart the machine because nothing was responding anymore ? Is this a bug ?

After de reboot de WPE unit does not function any more :-( . I am now deinstalling en reinstalling in the hope everything works again ....

Kind regards,

Wilem-Jan Kempen

Kempen Automatisering

• 1. Re: Bug ? Time limit server side script
          TSGal

willem-jan kempen:

Thank you for your post.

Does the import occur during "off" times, or when other users are accessing the file?  If you increase the time limit to 20 minutes, does this create a different problem?

What version of FileMaker Server are you using?  Make sure you are updated to the latest release of that version.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Bug ? Time limit server side script
            willem-jankempen

Hi TSGal,

I am using the latest version of the FileMaker Server. 
            After reinstalling FileMaker Server and IIS everything normal. I took off the time limit, it was an error that there was such a short time limit.
            I am not going to test if the behaviour is  different with 20 minutes. The import takes serveral hours 1 million records. 
            It also runs when people are accessing the database. I you ask me I think the admin console cannot stop the schedule when its script is importing. 
            But I did not test this.

Kind regards,

Willem-Jan

• 3. Re: Bug ? Time limit server side script
              TSGal

willem-jan kempen:

Thank you for the information.  If the server side script is importing 1 million records, that will affect performance for other users accessing the file.

When you stop a script/schedule, it will finish the last step before stopping.  Therefore, if you are in the middle of a import step, it will wait until you finish the import before stopping the schedule.  You can find out more information about Time Limit Options in Knowledge Base Article #7552:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7552

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.