2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 12:46 PM by disabled_ntaylor

can not get past deployment assisant setup

keithbrock-jones

Title

can not get past deployment assisant setup

Your post

After installing FMS13 the deployment assistant does launch. But, will not get past the setup screen. after entering the username and passwords, you get a popup message when you hovering over the fields username/password fields that says username needs a value or password field needs a value.
           I have tried IE10, IE11, FireFix and Chrome. All have the same error.

• 1. Re: can not get past deployment assisant setup
          oesupport

I am experiencing the same problem. I was testing an issue where the admin console takes a really long time to open after updating to FMS 13v3.

Here is what I did:

1.  Uninstalled FMS 13v3

2.  Rebooted

3.  Installed FMS 13v2

Now the deployment assistant will not get past the username/password page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it still does not work. I also tried updating to 13v3 again, but it still does not work.

• 2. Re: can not get past deployment assisant setup

keith brock-jones & Nick Meecham:

Thank you for the post and reply. 

Issues with installing server are often more easily handled over the phone as the agent can react and offer troubleshooting in real-time.

Installation and first deployment of FileMaker Server 13 are a free topics through FileMaker's technical support. Please don't hesitate to call as we always want a user to be able to administer his/her server. 

If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.