0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 12:42 PM by vct

Can not open Remote Admin Console (FM 11) from Window 7 Computer

vct

Title

Can not open Remote Admin Console (FM 11) from Window 7 Computer

Your post

The OS of one of my computers was recently changed from XP to Window 7.  Since then I could not open the Remote Admin Console (FM11) from this computer.  I'm still able to use the remote admin console from other XP computers.

The Filemaker server is version 11 runs on a Windows server 2008 server.

When I open the web page http://ip address:16000 from my Window 7 (64 bit) computer, I don't see the "Start Admin Console" icon, instead, I got the message "The Filemaker Server Administration Console requires Java 5 or later.  Click here to install Java." 

I tried to installed different versions of Java, 7u45, 7u25, 6u37 (for i586) and ran with IE 32 bit.  I also tried installed the Java 7u45 (x64) and ran with IE 64 bit.  All without success in connect to the remote admin console, same message about Java is required.

Any suggestion about how I should connect to the remote admin console from a Window 7 (64 bit) computer will be greatly appreciated.