1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2014 10:46 PM by Markus Schneider

Can someone help me out with a muck up when I took down the database and back up?

JohnDee

Title

Can someone help me out with a muck up when I took down the database and back up?

Your post

What I did was I took the database down off the server, then edited it directly from the data folder that I 'd copied as is on the desktop, then I copied it back to the server folder replacing the "data" self same folder there. And now I am missing one of my more important container fields, with a series of documents once existing outside the database in a non secure way. What can I do to re-link these?

• 1. Re: Can someone help me out with a muck up when I took down the database and back up?
          Markus Schneider

Just for the 'backup'

- let FMS create backups via schedules

- never touch the files inside the database-folder, always copy one of the backups out of the FileMaker folder

- changes can be done via the server (FMPro connects via 'hosts'), in most cases no need to copy the database files

- use download AND upload from to server using the server admin console (download) and a FileMaker client (upload)

For the container data: Depends on some misssing details