Thank you for the post.
Completely uninstall the software and use the full Mac installer for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion located in FileMaker's Knowledge Base Article 11044. The full instructions for a smooth installation are included in the article.
Please let me know if this resolved the issue; otherwise, we will discuss next steps.TSFalconFileMaker, Inc.
I had to MANUALLY delete 'fmserver user' from the Server app. Nothing else resolved this.
I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling several times. That didn't resolve the issue.Additionally, I had to re-install yet again because you can't convert the trial license after installation using an upgrade license (only way to install is using 12.0.2 trial, 12.0 disk not compatible). This is despite being told I could skip entering my license info and enter it later by FM tech support.
same problem here, running 10.8.2 and FM server 12.0 v2 but when i try to clean install its gives me an error called "Cant create user"
any hope ?
it seems i managed to fix the issue with My problem, i list down the steps here feel free to try it at your own risk. I am on Mac Platform (10.8.2 Macmini Server)
01. I installed FileMaker Server Advanced 12 (fms_126.96.36.199)
02. When its ask to deploy it do not start deploy the server
03. Download the update from http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11044 (only update) then install it , this may be gives you notification that this application canot run while Filemaker Server open. If you get that error message open the Terminal application (under utilities) and type
fmsadmin stop server
04. Then you will be able to install the update.
05. When you finish the update you can start deploy FM server. my version didn't gave me any trouble at this point and it worked smoothly.
06. When you finish deploy FM server you can also install 188.8.131.527 update, that will also fix minor bugs of FM server 12
Hope that helps :)
Thank you for the post.
Glad you got it sorted out, and thank you again for providing the steps taken to a resolution for future readers.
This is how I ended up resolving the issue.
Stop all FileMaker Server 12 processes (via Terminal or Activity Monitor) and uninstall FileMaker Server 12.
Launch the Server app (v2.2) and delete the user 'fmserver user'
Restarted for good measure.
Install using the Server 12.0.2 trail software if you don't have a full install greater than 12.0.
Make sure to enter your actual license key, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS AN UPGRADE LICENSE, as you CANNOT replace an upgrade license later.
Then install the 12.0.3 update.
Hope this helps as this left me without FMS for nearly 3 days.