AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot connect client to any servers

Question asked by AdamZeckel on Aug 25, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 by AdamZeckel

Title

Cannot connect client to any servers

Your post

We are having an issue with connecting FileMaker Pro 11 clients to FileMaker Server 11 installations. We have 4 users with FileMaker Pro installed on their machines (3 on XP, 1 on Vista). Two of the users are able to connect the client to the server, and 2 are not.

1.) I am able to connect to the server admin console via http://[ip address]:16000/admin_console_webstart.jnlp so I know the server is up and running and I can reach it.

2.) When I start my FMP client, I select Open Remote and try to connect to the sample database via fmnet:/[ip address]/FMServer_Sample but cannot connect.

3.) I installed a 2nd version of FMS 11 on my local network and was met with the same issue.

3.) The correct ports are open on the server (specifically 5003 is open)

4.) Windows firewall is disabled on the client machine as is TCP_IPv6.

I think it's some networking setting, but I can't figure out which one. Both of us that cannot connect to the server also get the "FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer" error when we open the database locally. Other users that can connect do not get that error on locally opening the database. (and there is not another version of filemaker running on the PC).

Outcomes