4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 3:13 AM by bigtom

Cannot get WebDirect to work

MarthaMcmahon

Title

Cannot get WebDirect to work

Your post

I am at my wits end - please help!

I have checked System Requirements over and over - I am running a Mac OS 10.9.5 server, and I've hosted a file on it through FileMaker Server 13.0.5 with which I'd like to use WebDirect.  I have the file set up, all ready to go, I can log in to it with FileMaker Pro from a client, but I can't log in with WebDirect.

Under web publishing, I have checked the boxes to enable PHP, XML and also WebDirect, and while the boxes are checked, the status page reports that these services are disabled.  Please help!  I am using a single server, but I have checked system requirements and I should be fine for 1-6 connections - I've got a 3.33GHz 6-core Intel Xeon processor and 32 GB RAM.

If I can't get this to work I will have to start over from scratch on a new way of completing this project - please help!  The Mac OSX web server service is currently off, but I've tried this with it on too.

I've attached a picture of what my admin console page looks like.  Also - I've noticed that my admin console is using port 16001 instead of 16000 - could that be a problem?  I'm not sure how to change it...

admin_console.png

• 1. Re: Cannot get WebDirect to work

Martha Mcmahon: 

Thank you for the post. 

“The Mac OSX web server service is currently off, but I've tried this with it on too.”

Does this mean the Mac OS X Server.app is installed? 

Please note: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is a tested operating system, but Mavericks with the Server.app is not tested.

System Requirements for FileMaker Server 13

As a test, if you uninstall the Mac OS X Server.app and uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Server 13, then does this still occur?

A similar issue was reported in the following thread:

Can I have FMS web server and Mac Server both serving web pages?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Cannot get WebDirect to work
            MarthaMcmahon

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the response - I unfortunately cannot uninstall the Server.app because it is configuring and running DHCP and DNS... I have figured out a work around (not going to user WebDirect for now, going to just build a web page and publish it with the information I need - it would have just been easier for it to come straight from the database so that I would have to worry about updating in two places), and I'll just revisit this over the summer when I can reconfigure and possibly move services from one machine to another - can't do it in the middle of the school year when there are too many folks using and depending on the servers involved...

Martha

• 3. Re: Cannot get WebDirect to work
              gsokolsky

Just something to check... Do your privilege set(s) within the hosted FM databases have the "Access via FileMaker WebDirect" Extended Privilege checked in File > Manage > Security?

• 4. Re: Cannot get WebDirect to work
                bigtom

Server App has some conflicts with the FM Web Engine. It is not recommended to have both running. If you need both, get another machine for one or the other. A few people have creatively managed to get their unique installs running both on the same machine but it is not normal to do so.