2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 6:51 PM by kennethpeace

Cannot open filemaker 13 databases after migrating to another server

kennethpeace

Title

Cannot open filemaker 13 databases after migrating to another server

Your post

Originally, my FileMaker Server 13 was running on an iMac. Then i bought a new Mac Mini and did a migration. Everything was working fine but suddenly after a couple of days, starts giving me issues like databases closes by itself and finally a message about license conflict. 

I then uninstall FileMaker Server 13 from the iMac. Restart the Mac Mini a few times. But the databases just won't open. There is no message to tell me why. It just didn't respond at all.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks for any advice in advanced! 

• 1. Re: Cannot open filemaker 13 databases after migrating to another server

Kenneth W:

Thank you for the post. 

"a message about license conflict."

A license key conflict error message should be very specific. The conflicting computer's name and I.P. address will be named in the error.

"Then i bought a new Mac Mini and did a migration."

For upgrading or moving an existing installation, please consult Chapter 6 of the FileMaker Server 13 Getting Started Guide: 

FileMaker Server 13 Getting Started Guide

Migration assistant should be avoided when installing FileMaker Server as both the old version of the application and the old FileMaker Server user will be migrated. To remove the user:

a) Open Terminal

b) Input Command:  sudo dscl . -delete /Users/fmserver

If the same license resides on two machines on the same network, one of the installations will need to be uninstalled and the computer rebooted to stop the license key conflict. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Cannot open filemaker 13 databases after migrating to another server
            kennethpeace

Yes, I uninstalled the 1st Filemaker Server, but had to reboot a few times on the 2nd FileMaker Server and then it works just great!

Thanks!