0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 12:36 PM by eacd1397

Cannot open Filemaker WebDirect Sample database from Server Test Page - Database not available

eacd1397

Title

Cannot open Filemaker WebDirect Sample database from Server Test Page - Database not available

Your post

Hi,

I'm new to FM. I recently installed FM Server 13v3 using one machine. I'm trying to open the FMServer Sample test database using WebDirect from the Open Test Page and have 2 issues because the database won't open:

1) The new web page that opens is pre-populating the URL with the wrong IP address. It is trying to open the test page using the IP address for the Web Server. I can manually change the URL to the IP address of the FM Server and that will get me to the Filemaker WebDirect page with the database names listed. I am still confused why I have to manually change the IP address to get to the WebDirect page. Am I not supposed to do it like that? 

2) When I try to open the Sample database I get an error that says "Database not available". How do I open the sample database using WebDirect? 

I am using the following:

FM Server 13 v 3

OSX 10.9.4

Safari 7.0.5

I have opened ports: 5003, 80, 443 

If you need more information I would be happy to supply it. I just need a little assistance, please.

Thank you for your time.