2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 11:08 AM by philmodjunk

Cant connect to local server

ambritrome

Title

Cant connect to local server

Your post

We host a large number of databases to be accessed via Instant Web Publishing through our intranet server. Last week, everything was running normally until we had a power failure which cut off our server. 

When I tried to access the db's through IWB I noticed that Filemaker Server had not started up, so I started it manually. It asked me if  I wanted to connect to the server so I cliked yes, and re-opened all the databases.

Today though, as I try to access the databases, I notice AGAIN that the server version is not running and when I try to connect , it doesn't work!!!

Please help ! 

Filemaker Sever v8.04

Mac OSX Server 10.4.11 

Error Message: Connection Failure. 

• 1. Re: Cant connect to local server
          TSGal

ambritrome:

Thank you for your post.

Power failures can cause corruption, not only to database files, but also to the application, its related files and possibly the OS.  Since this hasn't returned to truly "normal" operation since the power failure, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Server so a fresh version is installed and eliminate the possibility that FileMaker Server is damaged.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Cant connect to local server
            philmodjunk
               I suggest purchasing a battery back up and installing software that can perform an orderly shutdown should the battery be exhausted. APC is an industry leader in this area...