5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 1:55 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión

GracielaTejeida

Title

Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión

Your post

About a year ago, i Tried unsuccessfully to install filemaker server 12, I kept getting an error message.  I thought that maybe at this time it would be easier to install  filemaker server 13, but I get an error message that says Filemaker server 13 cannot be installed because filemaker server 12 is running (?????) I looked up my computer trying to find the filemaker server 12 and unistall it, but so far i have not been able to find it in my Mac.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Best Regards to you all.

Pablo Toscano

• 1. Re: Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión

Graciela Tejeida:

Thank you for the post. 

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Boot the computer into Safe Boot, so that no process will start.

2. Run the FileMaker Server 13 installer and choose the uninstall option when prompted.

3. Run the installer again and this time install.

4. Restart the computer to leave Safe Boot

Please let me know if any of the above requires further clarification.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión
            GracielaTejeida

Thank you very much for your reply, I tried what you suggested, but I keep getting the error message, that Filemaker Server 12 is installed in my computer, I don not know what else to do.

Regards 

• 3. Re: Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión

Graciela Tejeida:

Thank you for the reply.

Issues with installing server are often more easily handled over the phone because the agent can react and offer troubleshooting in real-time.

Installation and first deployment of FileMaker Server 13 are free topics through FileMaker's technical support. Please don't hesitate to call as we always want a user to be able to administer his/her server. 

If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

The instructions referenced in the error message can be found in the FileMaker Server 13 Getting Started Guide, starting on page 60, "Upgrading or moving an existing installation."

FileMaker Server 13 Getting Started Guide

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión
                GracielaTejeida

HiTSFalcon,

I tried again the procedure you told me and finally it worked, I was able to uninstall the old server 12 versión, and installed the new one, I tested it and every things seems to be working fine, (as it states in the Filemaker Server 13 help), I just have one more question since I installed a trial versión, do the clients need the Filemaker Pro 13 Versión? (I have it in the Mac that is hosting the server) or, can they access using an older versión? the other computers (the clients) have Filemaker pro 12, and Filemaker pro 10.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 5. Re: Can´t Install a 30 dyas trial Versión

Graciela Tejeida:

Thank you for the reply.

FileMaker products can connect to each other as long as using the same file format.

File Formats by Version

FileMaker Pro 7 through FileMaker Pro 11 

File Format Used: .fp7

FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Pro 13

File Format Used: .fmp12

How do I open FileMaker Pro files created in earlier versions?

File conversion - Overview

The FileMaker Pro 12 client will be able to connect to the FileMaker Server 13; however, any version of FileMaker Pro 11 or earlier will not be able to connect to the FileMaker Server 13.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.