4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 10:11 AM by desinkc

can´t upload FM database

edycal

Title

can´t upload FM database

Your post

Hello I have a problem with my FM Server 9 Advanced When i try to upload a data base to a MAC server , it shows a following message " one or more of your destination folders those not have enough space for the specified Upload or it does not exist" I was Verify Path, Space and Security on a Disk, and there are correct. There are the characteristics of my server PPG G4 1.42Ghz 1Tb on Disk 4 Gb on Ram MAC OS Server 10.4.11 can anyone help me? Thanks

• 1. Re: can´t upload FM database
          TSGal

edycal:

Thank you for your post.

Do you have full read/write privileges to the folder you are trying to place the database file?  Do you have enough room on the server?  What are the exact steps you are doing to copy the file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: can´t upload FM database
            Gannon

TSGal:

I'm having the same problem on a Windows 2003 Server.

There is more than 100 Go of free space on the server, and I have write access on all the folders.

Now, what is, on Windows, the User or Group that should have access to the Data folders for FileMaker Admin Console to write ?

What is surprising, is that if I repair FileMaker Server, or sometimes just reboot, all is fine for a few files, then suddenly, not working again.

Thanks for your help. 

• 3. Re: can´t upload FM database
              TSGal

Gannon:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Do you notice which files are not working?  Is it always the same files?  Does Admin Console allow you to reopen the files?  Do you have any custom plug-ins?  Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: can´t upload FM database
                desinkc

TSGal:

Same issue here. Using Server 11 on a Mac OS X Server 10.5.8

Successfully loaded one database, but now I get the error message about the file not existing or not enough space on the disk. The disk has plenty of space. I've made sure that file and folder permissions are identical to the existing Database folder and the existing, functioning database file.