0 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 5:53 PM by fmdataweb

Change Password for FileMaker Account via PHP API

fmdataweb

Title

Change Password for FileMaker Account via PHP API

Your post

I have a site which uses FileMaker accounts to access the site and everything is working well. I now need to give users the ability to be able to change their passwords via the site. I know there's no native method for this and FileMaker Inc recommend that "By default, web users cannot change their account passwords from a web browser. You can enable this feature for a database using the Change Password script step, which allows web users to change their passwords from browser.".

I can use newPerformScriptCommand to perform a script that has the Change Password script step - I'm just not sure how to pass the value for the "current password" and "new password" which will be entered by the user in a form. Can you pass multiple parameters to the FileMaker script using newPerformScriptCommand - as far as I can tell you can only pass one parameter.

If anyone can point out how to perform a FileMaker script that has the Change Password script step with the values for the current/new password that would be great. FileMaker Inc obviously support it as they mention this in the PHP API PDF docs but don't give anymore details about how to construct this.

Thanks,

Steve