1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 1:28 PM by philmodjunk

Change the base directory on container that is hosted on Filemaker server.

BenjaminRatajesak

Title

Change the base directory on container that is hosted on Filemaker server.

Your post

Okay I database hosted on Filemaker server, and I am trying to change the base directory for a container. I have opened the database directly and changed it. But every time I open if from the server, the base directory changes it from a absolute path back to a relative based on the hosted location.

Basically what I am trying to do is get it to save the files to my www directory so these files can then be accessed from the web for reference.

Updated:

I am using Filemaker 12. On the container I am using the "Store container data externally" option. When I open the database on the server and create a new record, I insert a picture the location of the file now is "RC_Data_FMS/Content%20Management/Files/Contents/File%20_%20Container/" + the file name. I would like to remove the "RC_Data_FMS/Content%20Management/" portion of the URL to make it a bit smaller. I have changed the base path under File->Manage->Containers when I open the database locally, because you cannot change when you open it on the server, to an absolute path like "c:\www\files\" but when I open the database back up on the server the path changes back to "[hosted location]/c/files". And I am wondering if I can set the base directory to an absolute path on the server so it references my www directory of my webserver?