AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change the base directory on container that is hosted on Filemaker server.

Question asked by BenjaminRatajesak on Sep 12, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Change the base directory on container that is hosted on Filemaker server.

Your post

Okay I database hosted on Filemaker server, and I am trying to change the base directory for a container. I have opened the database directly and changed it. But every time I open if from the server, the base directory changes it from a absolute path back to a relative based on the hosted location.

Basically what I am trying to do is get it to save the files to my www directory so these files can then be accessed from the web for reference.

Updated:

I am using Filemaker 12. On the container I am using the "Store container data externally" option. When I open the database on the server and create a new record, I insert a picture the location of the file now is "RC_Data_FMS/Content%20Management/Files/Contents/File%20_%20Container/" + the file name. I would like to remove the "RC_Data_FMS/Content%20Management/" portion of the URL to make it a bit smaller. I have changed the base path under File->Manage->Containers when I open the database locally, because you cannot change when you open it on the server, to an absolute path like "c:\www\files\" but when I open the database back up on the server the path changes back to "[hosted location]/c/files". And I am wondering if I can set the base directory to an absolute path on the server so it references my www directory of my webserver?

Outcomes