3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 12:47 PM by apwest

Changes made to database do not appear in Web Publishing - Adv Server 10

apwest

Title

Changes made to database do not appear in Web Publishing - Adv Server 10

Your post

I have a database that we are hosting using FileMaker Server 10 Adv and publishing to the web for internal use.  We originally created the database, granted rights and then uploaded it to FileMaker Server 10 Adv.  This all worked well.  When I was asked to make the changes I closed the database from the admin console, opened the database with a copy of FileMaker 10 on the server, made the edits and verified them.  Once that was done I closed  the file went back into the admin console and opened the database again and used several different web browsers to open the database to verify the changes which are not there.  This is the same proceedure I have performed in the past on earlier versions of FileMaker Server Adv and FileMaker with no issues.  Was there something I missed or forgot?

• 1. Re: Changes made to database do not appear in Web Publishing - Adv Server 10
          TSGal

Alan West:

Thank you for your post.

The steps you took are exactly what I do all the time.  From what I see, you did not miss anything.

Try clearing the cache of your browser and then access the file again.  Does that work?

I worked with one user many months ago with a similar situation.  It turned out (after several days of working with the customer) the database file was not copied to the folder where the databases were hosted.  Instead, the customer had two copies of the file, and the one being edited was not the one hosted.  Is that a possibility?

Let me know what kind of changes you made.  This may also be a clue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Changes made to database do not appear in Web Publishing - Adv Server 10
            apwest
               I thought it might be a cache issue as well so I used a different browser I had never used to access the site.  No luck.  Empited the cache on both browsers.  No luck.  I editied the databases from within the database folder on the server.  I moved some fields around and added a couple of new fields.  Thanks for the help!
            • 3. Re: Changes made to database do not appear in Web Publishing - Adv Server 10
              apwest
                 Well, I figured out what the problem was, we installed the application on one drive and the hosting files were on another drive.  We will correct this issue once we schedule some down time.  For the time being the changes have been made and the users are happy.  Thanks!