AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clone Database File Without Records via FMS11

Question asked by BillCurran on Jan 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 by DavidJondreau

Title

Clone Database File Without Records via FMS11

Your post

I'm in a bit of a pickle and can't seem to find the best question/answer here that fits my problem. I'm using FileMakerPro 11 and FMS11 on Mac OS X 10.6. 

Our server hosts one "main" database file (NAMES) and a few related "sub" database files we create each year to track a specific competition we run, i.e. FILMS 2011, FILMS 2012, etc. Again, all are hosted through our FMS11. 

What I need to do is create FILMS 2013. In essence: create a clone of FILMS 2012, with none of the records, living on the same server as NAMES, FILMS 2012, FILMS 2011, et. al. 

My problem/question: since they are hosted on FMS11, I can't open the source file and perform the "Save a Copy As..." Clone function. An error message is telling me I need to open the source file on the network.

I feel that this should be very simple, but I'm hitting a wall. I feel as if I'm missing an obvious step.

I've also been doing research and feel I could maybe do the Clone from a scheduled back-up, but I'm slightly confused by that process.

My tech (and FM) literacy is slightly above average, so any help would be greatly appreciated! A former employee of ours handled this and, unfortunately, I am unable to go to them for the quick answer!

Outcomes