1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2012 5:28 PM by neilgalang

Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server

neilgalang

Title

Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server

Your post

Hi

We are in the healthcare business and we would like to Deploy our EMR via FileMaker Server. We already have an Existing Filemaker Pro 11 database but we are having trouble migrating to the FM Server because of some important features that aren't present in FM Server. I have some important questions:

1) What are my options for web publishing? WE are planning to deplot this to about 50 Nursing Homes-- so we are seriously considering purchasing FM server or FM server Advanced. The thing is---in instant web publishing IMPORT records feature wont work after numerous tries. This is step is vital iin trasferring sorted patient records into a new file.

2) PHP conversion transforms our existing FM pro setup to templates that are a far cry from our original FM PRO layout--so we wish to stick with IWP....but then again, the IMPORT problem

I hope somebody can shed light into this. Help!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
          philmodjunk

FM Server does not support Instant Web Publishing. You need FM Server Advanced for that.

IMPORT records feature wont work after numerous tries. This is step is vital iin trasferring sorted patient records into a new file.

Under what circumstances do you need to transfer records from one file to another? You may find that you can support that by using a FileMaker Client to do that part of the process. This can even be scheduled to take place at regular intervals if necessary.

• 2. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
            neilgalang

Under what circumstances do you need to transfer records from one file to another? You may find that you can support that by using a FileMaker Client to do that part of the process. This can even be scheduled to take place at regular intervals if necessary

Hi- Let me take more time to explain my situation. The Database we are using is an EMR- an Electronic Medical Records Database which holds patient records (General Info and Treatment/Rx modalities for that patient) as seen on the uploaded image. The colection of records is held on one database entitled Resident Treatment Plan. (see image number one)

1) The records from this database will then  be sorted by Unit, or by patient name

2) after sorting, the user can open a specific file of one unit (A cloned verson of Resident Treatment plan with no records)

3) After opening this blank database, we plan to IMPORT the SORTED records from the Resident Treatment Plan and modify the records from there.

4) We also plan to deply this via FIlemaker SERVER ADVANCED (as you earlier suggested) for IWP support and whatnot.

Having said these, what are my options in SERVER ADVANCED  for IMPORTING SORTED PATIENT RECORDS?

Thank You!

• 4. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
              neilgalang

image one is the one below--sorry for the confusion

• 5. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                philmodjunk

Yes, but why do you need to import the records into a cloned copy of a FileMaker database file?

What you describe is not possible soley from a web browser as the script step for import records is not web compatible, but it seems like there could be any number of other approaches that do not require this approach.

• 6. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                  neilgalang

I need to impport it to a cloned copy in order for the databas fields to be consistent-- or am i doing it wrong?

What other approaches do you recommend? Can I do a sort--delete ommited and save as a new file? I am stumped. we are so used to the FM Pro approach with import records.

Thank you...This is the only step that's keeping us from acquiring FM server advanced as a solution..thank you for all the help

• 7. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                    neilgalang

just one suggestion will--jst to keep me rolling again Embarassed

• 8. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                      philmodjunk

I still don't understand why you need to do it this way. What do you mean by "in order for the database fields to be consistent"?

I need to know the big picture here. What task are you accomplishing when you do this?

• 9. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                        neilgalang

Can records from a different database be imported to a different database? WOnt the fileds, layout, and tables change? TO my knowledge, you can only import records and preserve the same layout when you clone a blank database from the database you are pulling the records from..or else the headers, footers, other tables wont be imported as is. Unless you have a workaround...thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

• 10. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                          neilgalang

Heres the big picture:

From the RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN, database, we need to create a similar database BUT with DIFFERENT sorted records. This new database is called DAILY TREATMENT PLAN. This should look exactly the same as the RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN.

here is the process:

1) Create RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN

2) Sort Records from RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN

3) move these sorted records to a new database named DAILY TREATMENT PLAN

THanks!

• 11. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                            philmodjunk

Why?

Sorry to keep asking the same question, but from the outside looking in it appears that you are going to a lot of unecessary trouble. why do you need to create a similar database? Why not just pull up the desired records in the same file and sort them into the desired order? You can dynamically find and sort records with great flexibility and this does not require creating a new database file to do so.

• 12. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                              neilgalang

It's all good-- I have to thank you for your patience actually. To answer your question, we just need to preserve a master file of the records (RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN), find and sort certain patient records from it, and manipulate those records in a separate file (DAILY TREATMENT PLAN)

We need to create a simlar database to preserve the records in the master file.

here's a dramatization of our daily process using our FMPRO 11:

Step 1: we create patient data for ALL patients/residents in the nursing home

Step 2: we sort about 10/30 records and import them to a new file, because we need to edit these records as Daily Treatment Plan without touching the masterfile of (RESIDENT TREATMENT PLAN)

Step 3: we do the same for the remaining patient records (find from master file, import to new file and edit)

Thank you once again ill send you pizza when we solve this ;)

• 13. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                                philmodjunk

I still see no reason for creating new files for this. A separate table for creating treatment plans, yes, but there's no need to create a brand new file every time. Fortunately, you can use a relationship to pull data from one table into another without using impoart records and this will work in your IWP database sessions. You can't use this method if you have to create a new file every time.

What do you do with the daily treatment plan once you have created it?

Here's the basic relationship that should work without needing to create new files:

Patients----<TreatmentPlan   (---< means one to many)

Patients::__pk_PatientID = TreatmentPlan::_fk_PatientID

or

Patients----<TreatmentPlan----<TreatmentDetails

Either way, you can produce multiple treatment plans for the same patient if necessary (such as to document updates to their plan as their condition changes). To produce a report or view of a given patient's treatment plan you can perform a find or possibly use Go to Related Records from the Patients table to pull up the most recent treatment plan for a given patient or even the plans for a group of patients in a report that groups their plan details by patient.

• 14. Re: Confused about Instant Web Publishing, PHP publisihing, and Filemaker Server
                                  neilgalang

hello im back--

basically once the Daily Treatment Plan is Created, we add Daily records to it and plot the treatments for each patient in that unit, and plot the number of minutes per treatment.

If this is possible in another table--what steps do i need to do?

processs:

1) Find records from Resdient Treatment Plan

2) Transfer them to the new table

3) Create daily records from the found patient records

the "import records" step I have been bugging you about is important for a simple reason-- so that we can manipulate the data and do ANALYSES on them without touching or getting data from the original treatment plan. we would like to lets say---get the total number of patirnets that underwent said treatment from monday to friday, etc.

I am obviously new to filemaker so i apologize for all this. I am too deep in the database development already though so I'd rather find a solution than give up. Also, the office has been accustomed to using the database (fm pro advanced) and the expansion of our office requires the migration to Server Advanced, but without the IWP limitations.

1 2 Previous Next