1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 1:23 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Connection failed when uploading database to FileMaker Server

yesmarcsyesmarcs

Title

Connection failed when uploading database to FileMaker Server

Your post

When attempting to upload a database to FileMaker Server for WebDirect (Using these instructions), I receive a "Connection failed" error. I've tried using both the hostname and the IP address. Below is my current configuration

FileMaker Server 12 Advanced running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise running on the same network and domain as FileMaker Pro 13 client.

Web Server:

PortStatus
      80Open
      443Open
      5003Unconfigured
      16000Unconfigured
      16001Unconfigured
      16016Unconfigured
      16018Unconfigured
      16020Unconfigured
      16021Unconfigured
      2399Unconfigured

I'm looking over the port list and i'm a little confused on which ports need to be open on the server and on the client machines.

Which ports need to be opened in order to upload a database to the server? 

1 2 Previous Next