2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 3:31 AM by gabradshaw

Could not create the folder: /Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/

gabradshaw

Title

Could not create the folder: /Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/

Your post

I have a fresh install of Fm server 11 (Trial) on Mac osx 10.6.4, the install went with out any problems,

Now i am trying to upload a db from a licensed version of FM pro, i have set the extended privileges for the file fmiwp full access, fmmobile full access  and fmapp full access

but when i try to upload the file i get

Could not create the folder:/Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/ 

All files and folders in /Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/

are owned by fmserver:fmsadmin  775 

drwxrwxr-x  3 fmserver  fmsadmin  102 Aug 28 14:34 Sample

does the trial version not allow you to upload or do i have another problem?

• 1. Re: Could not create the folder: /Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/

Geoff Bradshaw:

Thank you for posting.

This seems to be related to operating system permissions, although the ones you've listed appear correct.

Is Server HD the OS drive? Generally FileMaker Server installs to /Library/FileMaker Server. Can you verify that /Volumes/Server HD/ isn't read-only by running the mount command from terminal?

Are you able to manually create folders or copy files to this directory instead of using the Admin Console to upload the database?

Lastly, in the Admin Console under Configuration > Database Server > Default Folders it's possible to add an additional database folder. Does this allow you to get around the error or is it occuring at some other time?

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Could not create the folder: /Volumes/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/Sample/
            gabradshaw

Hi TSuki 

Yes Server HD is the hard disk name and the path does not seem right to me either. its not mounted read only and i can create files and folders by hand, if i use /Lib or /Volumes/Server HD at the start of the path.  I could not add any new path to the server with out using  Server HD at the start as /Lib failed Validate . But this did get me thinking so i uninstalled FMS then removed the remaining files and folders with rm, renamed the local HD to pamac and rebooted the machine.

a reinstall of FMS then gave me a path of filemac:/pamac/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases and the upload now works fine

Thanks for your help i will now be going ahead with ordering the full product :-)

Geoff