4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 12:01 AM by edward_lu

Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine

neilticktin

Title

Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine

Your post

Hi,

Working on setting up a new install of FileMaker Server Advanced 10. It's being installed on top of a fresh copy of Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 on a Xserve with Dual G5's in it. Mac OS X Server is running Apache 2, and is serving up web pages without an issue.

However, the FileMaker Deployment Assistant will not allow for web publishing to be enabled. In fact, it says "No web servers are available" in the pop up, and when I attempt to go past that window, I get a dialog that says "Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine."

Any idea how to get web servers to be available?

Thanks!

Neil

• 1. Re: Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine
          TSGal

neilticktin:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Did you ever get this sorted out?  If not, let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine
            Guibs

I have the exact same problem and error but my setup is different.

I just installed Filemaker Server 11 on a Windows 2003 server. This is the first time we are using Filemaker. I got the actual database engine running but now we want to enable web publishing and we are running into the exact same problem.

from the Admin console, when I go into "Edit Server Deployment", I select the option "Yes, enable web publishing". On the following screen, I select PHP as this is what we need, finally we select "single Machine" as we have everything running from the same server. When I want to go to the next step, I get the error " Could not get a list of Web Servers from the specified worker machine".

We have IIS running, it's actually hosting other site on this server under the default website which operates on port 80.

just for testing purposes, I stopped the default website, create a new one on port 80, retried the deployement and it didn't work. Tried under port 8080 without success.

IIS works fine with the website it's currently hosting.

• 3. Re: Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine
              jackonline666

Well, TSGal,

Your question as an answer remembers me of the question Marcus Aurelius' son asks his father when he enters the battlefield after the battle was over!

Son: Hello, great father, did I miss something?

Father: My dear son, you missed the whole war!

As a member of Filemaker it would be much more convenient for everyone if you would post an adequat answer that helps us forward!

After searching for more than a day, I am still eating my hat because of not finding any adequate answer!

• 4. Re: Could not get a list of web servers from the specified worker machine
                edward_lu

so far as i know, it's cased by DNS service error.

as a workaround. you can try disconnect your network when deploying and connect your network after deployment is done.