3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 4:02 PM by philmodjunk

Database does not show in IWP "Currently open files" windows

maui-no-ka-oi

Title

Database does not show in IWP "Currently open files" windows

Your post

Aloha from Maui,

I just inherited a FMP 7 database, that will not publish using the IWP Settings.  I can open other files and publish them, but the main one won't publish for some reason. Yes, it uses scripts, but finding the logic so I can follow lin-by-line is hindered by not knowing how ScriptMaker could potentially lock a file to prevent it from being published.  And yes, the "Run script with full access privileges" is checked.

Any thoughts?

Maui-No-Ka-Oi

• 1. Re: Database does not show in IWP "Currently open files" windows
          TSGal

maui-no-ka-oi:

Thank you for your post.

With your file open in FileMaker Pro 7, pull down the "FileMaker Pro" menu (Mac) and select "Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing...".  Turn on Instant Web Publishing (if not already done so), select the file in the lower left quadrant, and in the lower right quadrant, make sure access for Instant Web Publishing is set to "All users".  If it is set to "No users", then you wouldn't be able to publish it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Database does not show in IWP "Currently open files" windows
            maui-no-ka-oi

Aloha,

Already did this, I changed the option to allow all users full access, but the database still does not show in the Currently open files options.  I was wondering if there might be a script level problem.  Meaning, if there is a problem with the script that prevents the database from being shared from IWP, I might find it. The database is on a Filemaker 7 (Windows 2003) server, and I have both remote access, and a directory path mapped access to the database.

I found a copy of Filemaker 9, and am using the Script Debugger and Data Viewer to trace the code.

I also have Filemaker 10 server to install, assuming that I may be using obsolete tools.  How should I proceed forward?

James

• 3. Re: Database does not show in IWP "Currently open files" windows
              philmodjunk

You might look for the script step Set MultiUser [off].

IF that occurs while the file opens, it would keep it off the host list. However, you should be able to see the results of this by checking the Sharing Settings as this script would keep reverting changes you made each time it executes.

You may have figured this out already, but you can use debugger to watch a script set to run when the file opens by:

Launch filemaker without opening the file.

Start debugger

Use file | Open to open the file

Any "on file open" script should now appear in the debugger window.