2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 2:27 AM by disabled_Ed-Case

date range xml find query in filemaker server 12 error 500

timgardner

Title

date range xml find query in filemaker server 12 error 500

Your post

I'm hitting a showstopping issue running a date range query in a server upgrade from 9 to 12.  

On two different FMS 12 server installations I get the same result, mac mountain lion and windows 2003 server.

Using the sample database, the following query gets a 500 error ("Date value does not meet validation entry options").:

<FMPXMLRESULT xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult">
           <ERRORCODE>500</ERRORCODE>
           <PRODUCT BUILD="06/21/2012" NAME="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" VERSION="12.0.2.228"/>
           <DATABASE DATEFORMAT="" LAYOUT="" NAME="" RECORDS="0" TIMEFORMAT=""/>
           <METADATA/>
           <RESULTSET FOUND="0"/>
           </FMPXMLRESULT>

The same syntax used to work in FMS 9.

Since I'm using this type of query to sync databases, I need a way to query on a date range in order to upgrade to 12.

Thanks,
           Tim

• 1. Re: date range xml find query in filemaker server 12 error 500
          timgardner

If I read the documentation correctly, I can't do a compound query using the same field.  This means I have to figure out how to make op=bw work for date fields.  Does anyone have an alternative approach?

• 2. Re: date range xml find query in filemaker server 12 error 500

Hello,

I found the same problem when switching over to FMS/FMSA12. I was using a single date to find records and this too returned an error. My workaround was to insert an operator (eq) before the date, thus eliminating the bw operator which appears by default.

Incidentally, I had the same problem with searches involving number fields. A search for 1234 returned 1234, 12345, 123456 etc. Again, the inclusion of the eq operator fixed this. I posted this query on a number of forums/fora, but never recieved a reply. I was hoping that maybe someone at Filemaker might respond. No-one did. But then, what on earth was I thinking...

Hope this helps

CS