1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 7:07 AM by TSGal

Delte File From Server?

Dixie

Title

Delte File From Server?

Your post

I placed a file on our FM server.  It is in a folder with other FM databases that work properly and can be seen from "Open Remote."  However, the new file is not showing up.  I've done everything I can think of with no luck.

FM server is backing up this file and placing copies in the backup folders.

I attempted to delete it from the server, and I attempted to replace it with another copy of the same database.  I cannot delete or copy over it.  When I try to do this, a box pops up telling me it cannot be deleted because it is being used by another person or program.  It says to close any programs that might be using the file and try again.  No one is using the file - can't see it to open it.  I closed the FM Server thinking it might be "using" it.  That did not work.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?  Thank you for any advice you can give.

• 1. Re: Delte File From Server?
          TSGal

Dixie:

I'm surprised others haven't helped you with this.

From FileMaker Server, close all databases.  If this file isn't showing up in Admin Console, then somehow this file is marked as being opened.  Stop FileMaker Server, and you should then be able to delete the file.  If you still cannot delete the file, then reboot the Server, and then delete the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.