AnsweredAssumed Answered

Difficulty querying FM Server 5.5 from  MS SQL Server

Question asked by bob6507 on Mar 4, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 by mrvodka

Title

Difficulty querying FM Server 5.5 from  MS SQL Server

Your post

I am trying to query a set of tables stored in Filemaker Server 5.5 from MS SQL Server.  I have been able to establish a system DSN to the server without difficult using the Filemaker Pro ODBC driver.  I have created a linked server using this DSN and the connection test is successful.  Difficulty arises when I try to submit a query.  A query such as:

Select * from linkedServerName...tableName

Will return an error:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "Unspecified error".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "[FileMaker][ODBC FileMaker Pro driver]An error has occurred while trying to gather a list of available tables.".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "[FileMaker][ODBC FileMaker Pro driver][FileMaker Pro]Connect failed".
Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_TABLES" for OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName". The provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.

I am at a lose of what to try.  It is interesting that when creating the DSN (via the driver) and creating the linked server (via the wizard) , I am never asked to supply my Filemaker password.

I realize that FM Server 5.5 is an old product but am hoping that somone has an idea that could help.

Many Thanks,

Bob

Outcomes