5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 8:08 AM by mrvodka

Difficulty querying FM Server 5.5 from  MS SQL Server

bob6507

Title

Difficulty querying FM Server 5.5 from  MS SQL Server

Your post

I am trying to query a set of tables stored in Filemaker Server 5.5 from MS SQL Server.  I have been able to establish a system DSN to the server without difficult using the Filemaker Pro ODBC driver.  I have created a linked server using this DSN and the connection test is successful.  Difficulty arises when I try to submit a query.  A query such as:

Select * from linkedServerName...tableName

Will return an error:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "Unspecified error".
      OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "[FileMaker][ODBC FileMaker Pro driver]An error has occurred while trying to gather a list of available tables.".
      OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName" returned message "[FileMaker][ODBC FileMaker Pro driver][FileMaker Pro]Connect failed".
      Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
      Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_TABLES" for OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "linkedServerName". The provider supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.

I am at a lose of what to try.  It is interesting that when creating the DSN (via the driver) and creating the linked server (via the wizard) , I am never asked to supply my Filemaker password.

I realize that FM Server 5.5 is an old product but am hoping that somone has an idea that could help.

Many Thanks,

Bob