AnsweredAssumed Answered

Displaying date on another form once it is clicked on calendar

Question asked by LiaGuercio on Jun 27, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Displaying date on another form once it is clicked on calendar

Your post

I am using a simple to understand 3 table database design to make a calendar and book simulator hours on given days.

ex fields in weeks table to make the calendar via a script

week   date  indexed auto-enter calculation, cmonth   calc week-day(week) +1, cmonday = week +1 etc..

The calendar is made by running a months script.. When i click on a specific date i have a script to either take me to a daily view of bookings with instructors and 1 1/2 time slots for that day, or shift click and i can book a time slot for that day...

How to i get the date that i have clicked on say 25 July to be displayed on my appointment form when it opens...

I have tried to set the field from weeks::cmonday to events::eventdate; but doesn't work. also i saw in another sample database that the field was set to a say caldatecalc fields from 1-7 (for the 7 days, but i dont understand what the calculation is in the actual field in the table therefore i get errors. It was then set to a field calfilterdateglob before the appointment layout is opened. Tried it my layout is opening but no date is displayed. Am i missing a step, is there an easier way say $day variable which i tried but not working either.....  Any help would be much appreciated..

Lia

Outcomes