7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 4:48 AM by DanBradford

Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced

liontv

Title

Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced

Your post

Hello

I am a bit new to FMP and definitely IWP so bear with me.  

I have been able to host the database I built via iwp on my local IP however once I upload it to my server advanced admin console I can't figure out how to make it accessable via IWP from the server.  All of my server status's are green and when I go to http://<my Server IP>/fmi/iwp/res/iwp_home.html I get the Instant Web Publishing page but it says "No Databases Available".  What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced

Cameron Ferrara:

Thank you for the post.

The file needs to first be opened with FileMaker Pro 12, and the privelege for Instant Web Publishing access enabled on the account that will be accessing the file through Instant Web Publishing. 

File > Sharing > Instant Web Publishing

Instant Web Publishing needs to be set to On. At least one user account on the file must have the privilege for "Access via Instant Web Publishing (fmiwp)" enabled.

For additional information see FileMaker's Knowledge base article KB 5565:

Sharing Your FileMaker Pro file Using Instant Web Publishing

What options do I have to publish data to the web with FileMaker Pro?

TSFalcon
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced
            liontv

Thanks TSFalcon.  I missed the security settings.  Once that was selected everything showed up on IWP.  

Bummer that reports don't work.  I need to do a little redesign to get that working.  

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced
              dacunningham

Cameron,

I have the same problem your where having with IWP running on my FileMaker Server Advanced v.12.03, running on Mac OS X 10.8.3 server.

I can open the web publishing menu and all database assigned to my FileMaker login are listed, but when I select any of them I get the “No Database Available” message along with the IP address or DNS name of my FileMaker server.

I have tired both http:// IP address /fmi/iwp ….. (port 80)  and https:// IP address/…… (port 443) and both have the same message, no database available. I also tired the Test IWP link in FileMaker Admin Console and it comes up with same error message.

I had no problem getting Instant Web Publishing working on my FileMaker Pro Advanced client (doing the actions given you by TSFalcon) but IWP not working on my FM Advanced server!

My question to you is, did the answer give by TSFalcon, which is being done on a FM Pro client, fix your problem which looks to me that it is being run on a FileMaker Advanced server?

I tried this fix earlier before you replied but since it was adding my local computer’s IP address and I could change to my server’s IP address I didn’t complete the fix.

Any insight would be helpful since I have read all the documentation, forums and technical manuals and nothing is giving a resolution to this problem.

Thanks for your help! 

• 4. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced
                user19494

I h ave the same issue on Advanced Server V12.02, port forwarding is on, I have moved IIS to port 8080 to prevent conflicts, I do not seem to be able to find where to set the port that IWP is running on, so assume 80 is on by default. I cannot scan the port, nor can I connected.

• 5. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced
                  DanBradford

I have the exact same problem, (FileMaker 12 Server Adv. Running on Windows 2008 R2 Server IIS7)      I can open the web publishing menu and all database assigned to my FileMaker login are listed, but when I select any of them I get the “No Database Available” message

What I have found with being a Filemaker Server user for many years is they lack any real Windows User support.  There is little to no, knowledge base on this. They don't realize that we or a good portion of us will just eventually stop using their product and move on to their competitors. We just started to look at AlphaAnywhere and they are looking real good at the moment.  Filemaker Management might want to open their eyes a bit and start helping us or run the risk of loosing us.  I have not seen any fix for this problem listed on their site.

• 6. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced

@All:

Thank you for the replies and I apologize for the delay.

My first recommendation to everyone on this thread hosting with FileMaker Server 12 (Advanced) would be to update to the latest version of FileMaker Server 12 (Advanced) found here:

Software Update: FileMaker Server 12 and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced v4 Update

Uninstall and reinstall using the FileMaker Server 12.0v4 (Advanced) full installer in the article above.

Afterwards, if anyone's issue persists, then please file a separate report (new post).

The original poster on this thread was hosting using the Instant Web Publishing feature of FileMaker Pro 12. The resolution was to correct the security settings on the file to allow user access via Instant Web Publishing.

Those hosting with FileMaker Server 12 (Advanced) should file a separate detailed report of their own to avoid confusing others who might find their resolution in this thread.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Enabling IWP for Database hosted on server advanced
                      DanBradford

Resolved!!!!

"Software Update: FileMaker Server 12 and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced v4 Update"

Uninstall and reinstall using the FileMaker Server 12.0v4 (Advanced) full installer in the article above.

This fixed my issue and all is working.

Thank You TSFalcon for your response...