1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 2:51 PM by disabled_ntaylor

Error 10002 when shutting down server from the command line

beckett85_1

Title

Error 10002 when shutting down server from the command line

Your post

Am setting up command lines for emergency shutdowns of the filemaker server for one of my main clients and while testing the stop server command i get an Error 10002 which IS NOT in any of the references NOR can i find it on google or any FMP site, anyone have any ideas what this is?

Also stopping the server closes all files properly before it physically stops yes? or should i run a close command before i run the stop command?

Cheers

• 1. Re: Error 10002 when shutting down server from the command line

beckett85:

Thank you for your post.

Error 10002 is a Disk Full message. Make sure the drive is not in fact full. Server logs can continue to grow in size, so check the size of the FileMaker Server logs.

KB 6551 will provide the relevant information pertaining to locating the log files.

If the logs are large in size, then remove the files and try again.

The STOP command is sufficient to properly close the hosted database files. The log files should show "Stopping FIleMaker Server..." followed by "Stopping FileMaker Database Engine..." followed by the closing of each database file, followed by a confirmation each database is closed, followed by the final confirmations that the "FileMaker Database Engine stopped" and "FileMaker Server stopped."

TSFalcon
          FileMaker, Inc.