7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2009 8:01 AM by philmodjunk

Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10

philmodjunk

Title

Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10

Your post

We have unsuccessfully attempted to instal FMPS 10 on A Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 2 machine.

Problem number 1: There were problems with the OS, so a technician re-installed Windows Server 2003. He then attempted to install FMPS and claimed to have done so successfully. However, there was no short cut on the desktop so I don't think he succeeded. We can see a short cut for BonJour, so I know he at least tried to install the software. He also experienced trouble getting the installer to accept the license key.

Problem number 2: We then attempted to install the software ourselves. The installer reported that the software was already installed and offered to perform a "repair install" and that is the option we selected. The install process proceeded extremely slowly. After a very long delay, the system displayed the following message:

Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file F:\files\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.

1) do we have a damaged install CD?

2) the technician did not uninstall an older copy of FMP server (5.5 or thereabouts) Should we have first uninstalled?

3) any other issues we should look at?

• 1. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
          bradleybishop

Hi Phil, I'm getting exactly the same problem & have not yet resolved the issue.

First we tried on a BETA install of Windows 7 & thought that the problem was due to the new operating system.

So we wiped the whole machine a fresh & installed Window  Vista Business Service Pack 1 with Java 6 Update 7.

We now can't install the Filemaker 10 Server as we get the following error.

"Error 130. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file D:\filed\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet fiel is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust."

If you have nay updates on how to get around this issue I would very happy.

• 2. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
            philmodjunk

Upon returning to work this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find FMS 10 installed successfully! My boss, who knows just enough about FMP to be dangerous, had successfully installed the software. He spent a great deal of time on the phone with the previously mentioned technician and after a great deal of trial and error, this is what he tells me worked:

1) The server's CD drive was not recognizing the disc. We had tried to solve this issue by enabling sharing on a work station's CD drive and attempting to install from it. He succeeded in getting the Server's CD drive to read the disc and ran the install without encountering any delays or error messages.

2) The install, however, was unsuccessful in that he couldn't launch the application. Every time he tried to launch it he got a copy of FMP 5.5 (I'm not sure if he got FMPro  or FMP Server 5.5) that had originally been installed. Given his limited expertise, it's possible that the short cut for FMS 10 was not visible on the desktop and he may have been clicking a preexisting short cut.

3) My boss then decided to un-install FMP 5.5 and FMS 5.5. He could not un-install. Each attempt produced a missing DLL message. He tried to solve this issue by inserting an FMP 5.5 install disc and reinstalling the software, then uninstalling it. He says that he tried every install option and still hit the same error message. I don't know if he tried this with install discs for both Server and Pro.

4) With the tech, walking him through it step by step, he then manually deleted all of the FMP 5.5 files and once again attempted to install the software. This install appears to work and I can now start familiarizing myself with the new version of server.

A questions that my boss is asking me:

Why couldn't we use uninstall to remove the older copies of Filemaker Pro and Filemaker Pro server?

Perhaps this info will help others in their attempts to install the software. Any comments Filemaker Inc. people?

• 3. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
              philmodjunk

Latest Update:

We've now identified possible network communication issues on the machine whose shared CD drive we were using to install FMP Server. This would explain the extremely slow install and possibly the Error 1330 message that interrupted one of our installation attempts. We've experienced massive delays when trying to copy files across the network from this machine. A cold reboot appears to temporarily correct the problem. Virus scans are clean and it appears to have no problems functioning as an FMP client machine.

Still no response from the Filemaker Inc. people on whether installs of FMP 5.5 and FMP server 5 might prevent successful installation of the software nor has anyone suggested why we couldn't uninstall the software except by manually deleting files. :smileysad:

• 4. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
                philmodjunk
                   Nearly a week as gone by now and Filemaker Inc has not responded to my questions. I've appreciated the quick responses in other areas. What gives?
                • 5. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
                  TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Sorry for the late reply.  When I saw someone else responding to this question, I assumed it was handled.

I was unable to find a copy of FileMaker Server 5.0/5.5, and after talking with others here, we don't think there would be a problem with the installation of FileMaker Server 10.  The only problem we know would occur is if you try to run FileMaker Server 5/5.5 and FileMaker Server 10 simultaneously.

Since FileMaker Server 10 is now installed, it is probably a bit late to suggest removing the older FileMaker Server product prior to installing FileMaker Server 10.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
                    philmodjunk
                       Nevertheless, we couldn't install FMS 10 until we uninstalled the older software. Then we found we couldn't uninstall them. (We got a "missing DLL" error.) Then we deleted files manually and tried again to install and it worked.
                    • 7. Re: Error 1330 during install of Filemaker Pro Server 10
                      philmodjunk
                         I'm going to mark this thread as "Problem Solved". It looks like inadequate RAM may also have been a factor. we're going to upgrade the system hardware and try again. If we get issues then, I'll start a new thread.