5 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 10:32 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Error 802 after restore from backup

Carl_1

Title

Error 802 after restore from backup

Your post

I have FileMaker Server 11 Advanced running on OS X v10.6.8.  This system works without issues and has for several years.

I stop FileMaker Server and Web Publishing, back up the computer using Carbon Copy Cloner, move the resulting backup drive to new hardware.  The machine boots fine, the databases open as they should, and all files are available via FileMaker Pro clients, but XML access does not work properly.  For example:

http://localhost/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-dbnames

This command will return a list of databases as expected.

http://localhost/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=myDatabase&-layoutnames

This command should prompt for credentials and then return a list of layouts (and does on the live server).  However, on the new hardware, there is no prompt for credentials and error 802 is returned.

I'm looking for advice on how to troubleshoot this problem and/or how to work around this problem.

• 1. Re: Error 802 after restore from backup

Carl:

Thank you for the post.

“I stop FileMaker Server and Web Publishing, back up the computer using Carbon Copy Cloner, move the resulting backup drive to new hardware.”

This is not a tested way of installing FileMaker Server 11 Advanced. The recommended and tested method would be using the disc or the software download. 

“However, on the new hardware, there is no prompt for credentials and error 802 is returned.”

Does this still occur if FileMaker Server 11 Advanced is installed from a disc or download instead of using cloning software?

Additionally, if this is FileMaker Server 11 Advanced and Mac OS X 10.6.8, then you may need to run the patch in the following knowledge base article:

Admin Console won't start on Mac OS X 10.6.8 with Java 1.6.0_51-b11 or later

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Error 802 after restore from backup
            Carl_1

Thanks you for your reply.  If you haven't already, please consider a reasonable way to export all of the settings of one installation to import to the other.  "Take not of all of the settings you've changed and make those same changes on the replacement server" is not reasonable.

And important conclusion here is that any emergency recovery of a FileMaker Server is expected to fail until FileMaker Server is reinstalled.  Still, I'll try the suggested transfer method and report back the steps I've taken that work.

• 3. Re: Error 802 after restore from backup

Carl:

Thank you for the reply.

“If you haven't already, please consider a reasonable way to export all of the settings of one installation to import to the other.”

As long as the user can access the Admin Console, then this would be the suggested method:

Save or load Schedules in FileMaker Server 11

Let me know if I misunderstand what you were seeking. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Error 802 after restore from backup
                Carl_1

What I'm asking (since your signature is FileMaker, Inc.) is for your engineers to have a way to export the settings rather than me having to take screen shots of every configuration page.  Many features of FileMaker are superb -- backing up a configuration is not one of them.

• 5. Re: Error 802 after restore from backup

Carl:

The schedules and groups can be exported by following the knowledge base article above; however, if you are talking about the entire installation, then you are correct that is not a current feature.

I would encourage you to enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html 

These web form suggestions are monitored and read by our Development and Product Management departments and then discussed and considered for a future release. Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are some questions asked that only you can answer.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.