1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 2:57 AM by hjgunn@mmedia.is

Error 959 from FM12 server running on windows 7 professional

hjgunn@mmedia.is

Title

Error 959 from FM12 server running on windows 7 professional

Your post

I know it means: "XML service not running", but the console shows the xml service is running suggesting that the console information may not be in sync with the OS on this issue.

Before this problem started the server had been running fine for more than a year.

The problem started after a restart of the machine.

In my case the password got damaged as well so I deleted the four files recommended and then re-ran the deployment application.

And I tried switching the status of the service and restarting the fm server process afterwards. I have had this problem a couple of times on OS X machines which normally ended in reinstalling both the OS as well as FM server

Is there any solution to this problem?

TIA

Hans

• 1. Re: Error 959 from FM12 server running on windows 7 professional
          hjgunn@mmedia.is

I solved my FM 12 server problem by uninstalling FM 12 server and installing FM 13 server instead.

===

This however created a new problem. - The server is and has been running on the same machine as a Microsoft express SQL Database which seems to be using web services for some of it's functionality.

The FM 13 server installation process completely "monopolized" the IIS not allowing the SQL system access after the install.

What would I need to do during installation to prevent this?

===

After trying to start the SQL client on that machine I am able to get the startup page from myip:16000 but when I click the button to start the console I get a spinning wheel and nothing happens.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should be looking for to fix that?

I was thinking whether port 16001 needs to be accessible for the console to download or if there is something else I need to look into?

TIA, Hans