2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 2:59 PM by JT12

Error Code 22 Starting FileMaker Server 5.5

JT12

Title

Error Code 22 Starting FileMaker Server 5.5

Your post

We have had FM 5.5 Server running for several years now.  Unfortunately, this morning the Remote server is not available to the users.  I checked the server and FM Server service wasn't running.  I try to start it and receive "Windows could not start the FileMaker Server on Local Computer.  For more information, review the System Event Log.  If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 22." 

In looking at the FileMaker Server Console...

*   I have an Event ID 36 saying that "TCP/IP Network initialization failed; the TCP/IP address is already in use or an address could not be obtained." followed by...

*   Event ID 91, "FileMaker Server quitting!  Network initialization failed; an unexpected error occured."

In looking at the System Event Log I have...

*   Event ID 7024 saying "The FileMaker Service terminated with service-specific error 22.

We have rebooted several times, changed the logon and password for the service, verirfied that we do not have a duplicate IP address on the network...Anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you!