AnsweredAssumed Answered

Errors when setting up two machine deployment

Question asked by Duncn on Oct 8, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 by Duncn

Title

Errors when setting up two machine deployment

Your post

I'm trying to set up a two machine deployment, going from:

- Single FM server on 192.168.65.2 with link to local IIS (intranet)

to

- Database server on 192.168.65.2, linked to web publishing on 192.168.65.1 (linked to IIS on 192.168.65.1 - the external web interface)

There is now a full FM 10 Server (10.0.1.64) installation on both machines.

PROBLEM 1:

=========

When I try to do the two machine deployment on 192.168.65.1, it lists no "workers" and if I try to "Lookup", I get an error message "Error encountered while doing lookup". I have to cancel out.

PROBLEM 2:

=========

If I try a Single machine deployment on 192.168.65.1, it finds the IIS, but gives an error when trying to connect:

Unconfiguring web server

Return code = 0

Testing Web Server

Return code = false

If I then "Retry", I get the following error message:

Retry web server test

Web server test failed. Return code = -1

PROBLEM 3

========

I then tried to configure using the admin console on 192.168.65.2. I went into Edit Server Deployment and into Enable Web Publishing. The program hung for over 10 minutes, so I killed the process with Task Manager. Now, when I try to log into the Admin Console I get "FileMaker Server is currently being deployed by another user and is not available at this time". I can't find where the lock is held - there are no obviously named files to delete.

I'm now very stuck. There's no point reinstalling on 192.168.65.1 as it's a fresh install. I guess I'll have to reinstall on 192.168.65.2 if I don't get a solution (so I can get into the admin console), but even then I can't get the deployment I need to expose the database on the internet.

Servers are both running Windows Server 2003 SP2.

Outcomes