AnsweredAssumed Answered

Every time a Scheduled Script runs the Database engine stops

Question asked by bjd on Sep 26, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 by bjd

Title

Every time a Scheduled Script runs the Database engine stops

Your post

FMS  11.0.3.309

Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 no outstanding updates

Scheduled Scripts were working fine and then they stopped - I am not sure why - maybe a java update??

Anyway what happens now is whenever I run a Schedule that calls a FileMaker Script the Database engine stops itself.

The logs show no errors here is the last set of logs... In () are the extra data viewable in the admin console (which I think should be exported) which I guess are response codes or something they have been consistant for each time I run a scheduled script.

2011-09-27 10:50:29 Server Events Information Schedule "TEST Schedule" modified by "fmpadmin [10.18.247.109]". (734)
2011-09-27 10:50:38 Server Access Information Client "TEST Schedule" opening a connection using "FileMaker Script". (190)
2011-09-27 10:50:38 Server Access Information Client "TEST Schedule (FileMaker Script)" opening database "Reporting Data" as "admin". (94)
2011-09-27 10:50:38 Server Events Information Schedule "TEST Schedule" run now by "fmpadmin [10.18.247.109]". (146)
2011-09-27 10:50:38 Server Events Information Schedule "TEST Schedule" has started FileMaker script "Test Scheduled Task". (689)
2011-09-27 10:51:59 Server Events Information Starting FileMaker Server 11.0v3 (04-12-2011)... (162)

So the script seems to start fine - but it never actually does anything and then the database engine stops working and I have to restart it manually using the admin console. I ran the schedule manually but even if it is called at a scheduled time the same problem occurs.

The orginal script was for an import but that last script was wrtittn to just create a new record and nothing else. However the new record was not made.

I have tried simple scripts in different files and the same thing occurs regardless of the file.

I tried using the uninstaller to remove FMS and then reinstalled it - using a new install file that came with our new ASLA K-12 Licence. And the problem has persisted

Outcomes