2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 4:46 AM by jacksrmd

Exclusive Status for FileMaker Solution on FileMaker Server, what does it mean

jacksrmd

Title

Exclusive Status for FileMaker Solution on FileMaker Server, what does it mean & how do i fix it?

Your post

I was connected to my FileMaker server remotely.  I didn't realize the interface had lost connection.  I set a FM solution to download from the server and the server closed.  Once I restarted the Server, the solution's status says Exclusive.  The servr won't allow me to close it or remove.

How do I get rid of this solution from the server?  Fortunately, I was working off line with a version that is to replace the version on the server.

• 1. Re: Exclusive Status for FileMaker Solution on FileMaker Server, what does it mean & how do i fix it?

John Allen:

Thank you for the post.

The "Exclusive" status is to indicate that a file download is in progress. 

If one of your files appears hung in this status and is neither being hosted nor downloaded, try to copy the file from the database directory to the desktop or move the file to the trash.

Afterwards, you should be able to upload or copy the newer version of the file back into the host's directory.

Also, if you intend to use the hung copy going forward, I recommend running a recover on the file to see if it might be damaged.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".

2. Recover does not detect all problems

3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly

4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful:

What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.