3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2009 3:28 PM by Jens Teich

EXPORT GRAYED OUT

Bankster

Title

EXPORT GRAYED OUT

Your post

All,

I have a client that is running version 5.x and I need to export all the data out of FM as we are moving to a new software. I have "0" experience when it comes to this program. I called FM and they no longer support this version (not surprised). They have it running in a clients server environment and the data is on a HOST server. My questions is can someone tell me the reason why this is option is grayed out and how do I enable it and or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance 

• 1. Re: EXPORT GRAYED OUT
          Jens Teich
             Maybe the user opens the database with a password (this old version has no accounts) which doesn't have the permission to export anything. You can find out wether the user has full access by finding out wether he is able to open the password dialog.

Jens
          • 2. Re: EXPORT GRAYED OUT
            Bankster

Jens,

This seems to be what thecase is. Do you know of anyway that I can logon with a user who has the correctpermissions? Is there a key sequence or some other way to do this? Also howabout a ODBC connection?

Thanks in advance

Paul 

• 3. Re: EXPORT GRAYED OUT
              Jens Teich
                 If the solution opens automaticly with a certain password you can press a modifier key on startup to shop the password selection dialog.

Shift on Win
              Alt on Mac

Jens