AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exporting to Excel - Server 11, Windows XP

Question asked by DanielScott on Oct 27, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2010 by Mastema

Title

Exporting to Excel - Server 11, Windows XP

Your post

I'm trying to export the fields in a layout to Excel.  It exports just fine from a client (to a local specified directory) but I cannot get it to export on the server as a Schedule.

So far, I've tried a script:

1- Go to Layout

2- Show All Records

3- Set Variable: [$varpath;  Value: "filewin:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & "testfile.xls"]

4- Export Records[No dialog; "$varpath.xls"]   (with filetype specified as Excel in the dialog box)

Then, on the server, I set up a Schedule to run the FileMaker Script, using the account to access the database that I normally use.  When I run that script, I get a status of "FileMaker script error."

I also tried it without setting a variable, instead going from step 2 above to step 4, this time hard-coding the file name as "filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/testfile.xls" (without the quotes.)  With that method, I run it and get a status of "OK" on the Schedules, but the file never shows up. I even did a search on the file name, thinking it may be in another directory, but it's not there at all.I checked, and that's the valid path to the Documents folder off the FileMaker root.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

Outcomes