External Storage Container Files Taking 15 Minutes To Delete
I posted this to the FileMaker Pro forums a few days ago, but I believe this is more of a server issue so I'm posting it here.
I've got a portal on my layout that lists related container records, and a container field to the left that shows the currently selected record. A 2nd occurrence of the table is used to do this, shown in the screenshot. The portal is based on "tblFiles", and the larger "preview" is based on "tblFiles File Preview". I also have this container field set to external and open storage.
My issue is that when I delete the row and refresh the window the file stored on the server takes 15+ minutes to delete. Strangely, if I change the data formatting in the larger container to "Optimize for Images" it will delete instantly. If I have the field set to "Optimize for Interactive Content" and insert an image, it will also delete instantly. The problem only occurs when the field is set to "Optimize for Interactive Content" and I'm inserting interactive content.