0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 9:53 AM by CherieTurek

FileMaker 10 Server - Client Connections being Disconnected

CherieTurek

Title

FileMaker 10 Server - Client Connections being Disconnected

Your post

I am having an issue where my filemaker clients (using the client software) are getting automatically disconnected from the database that resides on our FileMaker 10 server.  When they are disconnected, they are losing the work that they have done within the datbase.  The timeout on FileMaker server is set to 1 hour.  However, the clients are being disconnected much sooner that this.

I did check the event viewer logs on the FileMaker server and am seeing a number of Filemaker10 Event Warnings with the following description:  Client "screduser (wxp5171) (IP of client) no longer responding:  connection closed. (10).

Is there a problem if all the clients are logging into the database using the same login credentials.  We have a class of 20-30 users that are all accessing the database simultaneously now and are experiencing this problem.  I do believe they are all logging into the database with the same credentials.

Environment Layout:

FileMaker Server - Vmware Virtual Server running Windows 2003 server with all the latest patches and is running FileMaker Server10 software.

FileMaker Clients - We have a mix of WinXP clients running FileMaker client software version 10 and Macintosh clients running FileMaker client software version 9.

I did find a similar Forum post for FM11, however, there was no final solution to the probem.  Please let me know how I can resolve this issue.