2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 2:30 PM by disabled_ntaylor

FileMaker 10 Server Admin Console Won't Start

KraigBecker

Title

FileMaker 10 Server Admin Console Won't Start

Your post

Hello,

I am having all kinds of issues with my FileMaker 10 Server install recently and I can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem. It all started when I began having issues with the Admin Console, which quit and refused to start. The error messages indicated that it had something to do with Java, which I tried reinstalling, but to no effect. The FM Server software is being run on OS X Server 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with Snow Leopard server software installed. 

We are planning on updating to FM 13 when it is released, so for awhile I managed the server via terminal commands. Those seem to have quit working as well and now no databases are being hosted. I tried migrating the software and databases to another machine, but essentially had the same results. When I launch the FMS 10 Start Page it simply displays the message "Please wait while the Admin Server starts..." while the green dots dance across the screen at the bottom, but it never completes the process nor does it ever launch the admin console. 

I've tried clearing the Java cache, downloading and reinstalling the latest version of Java, repairing permissions, and just about any thing else that I can think of, but to no avail. The fact that it is essentially behaving the exact same way on two different machines has me a bit perplexed. 

Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: FileMaker 10 Server Admin Console Won't Start
          philmodjunk

The "latest version of Java" may not be compatible with the server admin console for server 10. You may need to revert to an older version of Java.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 10 Server Admin Console Won't Start

Kraig Becker:

Thank you for the post.

I have messaged your privately. Please check your inbox at the top of this page.

Being able to launch the FileMaker Server Admin Console is a free topic through FileMaker's technical support, so please don't hesitate to call as we always want a user to be able to administer his/her server. 

If you are located in the U.S. or Canada, then contact technical support toll free at 1-800-325-2747. The hours are between 7 AM - 5 PM PDT. 

If you are located outside of North America, then locate the technical support office nearest you from the following link:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/intl/

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.