4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 10:42 AM by JamesGore

FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped

JamesGore

Title

FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped

Your post

The only thing I can find is in the Event log:

Faulting application name: fmserver.exe, version: 11.0.1.86, time stamp: 0x4b6b3007
      Faulting module name: omniORB4.dll, version: 4.1.3.0, time stamp: 0x4b16fe6b
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x00042b55
      Faulting process id: 0x2c4
      Faulting application start time: 0x01cc199d4effca80
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\fmserver.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\omniORB4.dll
      Report Id: 66d5f128-8d4b-11e0-995c-002219c2afcc

Bounced server and all is OK... I guess...

• 1. Re: FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped

James Gore:

Thanks for posting!

What operating system are you using? 

Is this a dedicated machine?

Does this correspond with any scheduled events (FileMaker Server or otherwise)?

Has this ever occurred before?

TSBear
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped
            JamesGore

This is a dedicated Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. All that is on it is FileMaker and usually a dozen or so Clients accessing at any given time.

There were no errors or warnings in any of the FileMaker logs. No activity in the logs at all within an hour < > of the event.

The closest scheduled event was two hours earlier which was a backup of all 84 databases which runs twice a day. Backup time was less than 1 minute.

This is the first and only error since the upgrade to FileMaker Pro Advance Server 11.0.3.

• 3. Re: FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped

James Gore:

I'm hesitant to suggest any changes with only one instance of the issue occurring. My recommendation is to take copies of the latest back ups to a machine with FileMaker Pro 11 installed and run a consistency check (File -> Recover -> Check Consistency) and Recovery (same process but choose select instead of Check Consistency) to verify the databases aren't damaged.

If everything comes up clean, continue to monitor the machine closely. If one or more of the files do show damage, you'll want to follow knowledge base answer #7336 for next steps on ensuring clean files moving forward as damaged database could certainly cause unexpected behavior in FileMaker Server.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7336

TSBear
              FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FileMaker 11 Advanced Server - Database Server stopped
                JamesGore

I am currently running a backup of all databases twice a day 0600 and 1200 and a Consistency Check is being performed on all databases as part of the backup. There are no errors reported in any of the logs.

I also copied the databases to a local machine and did as you advised. All clean...

I will monitor and report back if I get the event again.

Thanks