4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 9:23 AM by boulou

Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.

steven044

Title

Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.

Your post

We attempted to upgrade our Filemaker server from 10 to 11 and then installed the new Filemaker ODBC driver on the web server and majority of the time on the web server it will just sit and time out and a few times after taking nearly a full minute the page will load. Prior to upgrading the server the old Sequelink 5.5 driver would load all the pages in under one second.

The only thing that changed on either server was Filemaker 11 and the new Filemaker ODBC driver. Both servers are running Windows Server 2008. The web pages are accessing odbc via PHP.

Any ideas why the new version is horribly slow? I thought it was supposed to be faster according to the marketing. We have returned to Filemaker 10 until we can figure this out.

Thank You,

Steven

• 1. Re: Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.
          actualjon

The FM 11 driver should be comparable in speed to the FM 10 driver.

Could you enable the ODBC tracing log and reproduce the problem? It would be useful to be able to determine where it is hanging up.

Also, the driver has the ability to log long queries.  If you enable that for your DSN and set a threshold of, say .5 second, you might be able to see if any particular query is taking up all the time.

When you specify the paths for the log files, make sure you specify a path that is writable by the user account owning the web server process - otherwise the log won't get populated.

Jonathan Monroe

Actual Technologies

• 2. Re: Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.
            steven044

I tried the log long queries option and it created a blank log file and never put anything in it. Upon researching it further I found other people who said the option does not work on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.

We have returned to FileMaker 10 for now, but we'll hopefully get a test server up soon that we can try other logging options on.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.
              boulou

I face similar problem with Jdbc.

With FMSA10, it works great.

With FMSA11, it is very slow.

The sequelink jdbc driver seems to be faster than the new jdbc driver.

Is it possible to use the sequelink driver with the FMSA11 ?

And since I installed V11, I face too the following error when using Jdbc: "address already in use: connect"

Any ideas ?

• 4. Re: Filemaker 11 ODBC - Extremely slow and timing out.
                boulou

> I face too the following error when using Jdbc: "address already in use: connect"

>

Fixed

(bug in my code)