3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 10:39 AM by RavGill

FileMaker 14 ending  support to Internet Explorer 9

RavGill

Title

FileMaker 14 ending  support to Internet Explorer 9

Your post

Hey Guys,

We are using Internet explorer 9 in our organization as per our corporate IT standards and currently we are using Filmaker version 13 for the server and other products. In the new released version 14, they are saying that they will remove features like Internet explorer 9, so it means we are not able to use Internet explorer 9 with Filemaker products if we upgrade to version 14????.

We have developed one application in FileMaker with PHP as front end . I am wondering if we upgrade to version 14 then how we use that php application with internet explorer 9. Are there any security issues?? or We can still use IE 9 but only thing is that its not recommended by FileMaker?

I know one option is to use other browsers like " Google Chrome, Firefox" etc but as per our IT standards we are not allowed to use those browsers.

Link for the document where they mentioned about removed features : http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14399

Any suggestions , advice on this little complex  isssue.

Thank You.

• 1. Re: FileMaker 14 ending  support to Internet Explorer 9
          RickWhitelaw

I would move to change the IT standards your company uses for browsers. IE is commonly known as a virtually unused  browser. I don't know anyone who has it installed on a machine.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 14 ending  support to Internet Explorer 9
            philmodjunk

"Deprecated" means: "our current plans are to remove this feature in a future version. So, as far as I know, FileMaker still supports IE in FMP 14 just as it still supports RunTimes. But both are listed as features that may be discontinued in a future version. So your concerns will be not whether FM 14 supports IE, but whether FM 15 will support it or not.

You can post FeedBack here in the feedback session lobbying for the continued support for IE--which will mainly bring this to the attention of other forum members. You can post a feature request: http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html -- which will bring this to the attention of those at FileMaker Inc. that make the decisions on what future versions of FIleMaker will or will not be able to do.

This also gives you time to either begin plans to migrate to a different database system or to try and get your IT department to relent and allow for the use of a different browser.

• 3. Re: FileMaker 14 ending  support to Internet Explorer 9
              RavGill

Hi PhilModJunk ,

I just want to update on that in version 14 they have removed the IE9 and they are saying IE 10 will be deprecated. So that is why my concern is version 14 for  IE 9.

Thanks for the link i posted my request on that link.

But question is still same. Am I able to use php front end in version 14 with IE9 or not???