Thank you for the post.
Some questions to assist us with narrowing this down:
1. What is the version of FileMaker Server 14? 14.0.1? 14.0.2?
2. What are the hardware specifications for the host machine (RAM, CPU)?
3. Is any third party security or antivirus software installed?
4. Does this occur with the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file or only a particular solution file?
Note: If using WebDirect, the minimum recommended amount of RAM is 8 GB.
Additionally, if the issue cannot be replicated in a new database file, then the file may be corrupt and I would suggest running recovery.
Things to keep in mind about Recover:
While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...
1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
2. Recover does not detect all problems
3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful:
If recovery shows no errors, then can you create a new simple test file that replicates this particular behavior?
I think the problem is FM14 web direct does not like 2 Rows of Button bars. As I eliminate them it still crashes out.
and yes, I tried to recreate the problem and it stil lcame back up
as for the specs. The system is so far connecting 3 Machines.
the server is running osx10.9, running 14.02.226
The machine is a Core 2 imac with 4 GB and is dedicated use. (ie, it's not running any other tasks)
The problems occur every single time it accceses this database. I believe it may be bad data in that particular databases' temp files , myself... the problems started happening when i was using acrobat to view container files, then it became permanent despite my changing the container filed to inactive.
Thank you for the reply.
“The machine is a Core 2 imac with 4 GB and is dedicated use.”
The minimum recommended amount of RAM if using WebDirect is 8 GB. Even in a two-machine deployment, the minimum amount necessary to run the Web Server computer is 8 GB. The first suggestion would be to increase the computer's RAM.
If the crash does not occur from using the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file, then additionally I would suggest running recovery and following the steps in the article linked above.
I've done more digging around apparently there are corrupt layouts, and anytime i use button bars in Webdirect, i get a crash.
It seems that there is a problem with button bars rendering in FMS 14.