1 Reply Latest reply on May 15, 2012 8:19 PM by Jason Wood

Filemaker and PHP Questions...

jda76

Title

Filemaker and PHP Questions...

Your post

I sell products online and the company that runs the e-marketplace keeps track of Customers and Transactions.  I am able to export the customer and transaction data to .csv files and then import them into FM, no problem.  However, they offer an API to access my data via PHP.  I'm not completely familiar with FM and PHP, but my understanding is that it is for displaying FM data on other web-based applications.  Is it possible to have newly added orders and customers added to my filemaker db via their PHP API?  Or can someone recommend another option?  I'm using FM12 Advanced and, if needed, FM Server 12.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Filemaker and PHP Questions...
          Jason Wood

FileMaker's API for PHP is primarily intended to display FileMaker data on the web, but it can be used to integrate with other services on the internet. Basically you would design a php page that gets the information using your e-marketplace company's PHP API, then write it to FileMaker using the FileMaker API. Note that you'd need to access this web page that you created in order to initiate the data transfer (although it could be done in a web viewer). Also, since your PHP application must be hosted on a web server, you want to make sure it's private to your internal network and/or secure against abuse from internet users who may stumble upon the page.

You must have FileMaker Server to do this.