1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 7:15 AM by TSGal

Filemaker cannot share files over the web because of a port number conflict

user14691

Title

Filemaker cannot share files over the web because of a port number conflict

Your post

I am getting the following error:

"Filemaker cannot share files over the Web because of a port number conflict. Please configure web publishing to use a different port"

This error occurs when I access my filemaker database offsite from our offices and try to do a find. The database ends up locking up for saying Filemaker (not responding). I force quit and when I reopen filemaker I get the above error message.

I have the following configuration for my server/database:

• Server - 
        • OS - Leopard Server 10.5.8
        • Filemaker 10 Server (not utilizing web publishing)
        • Also utilizing ODBC driver to connect to mysql database located on a separate machine
      • Desktop 
        • Filemaker 10 Advanced
        • OS - Leopard 10.5.8

• 1. Re: Filemaker cannot share files over the web because of a port number conflict
          TSGal

KBanasiaskwork:

Thank you for your post.

When you launch FileMaker, it looks for the license key on the network to make sure the same license key is not being used elsewhere.  In addition, all settings for web publishing and network sharing are set.  When you quit FileMaker Pro, that information is released from the network.  When you force quit, the network sharing and license key information eventually are dropped from the network, so you may get an error that the license key is still in use, but the port number remains locked up for some time.  Try rebooting the machine after force quitting.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.